Private transfers vs shuttel
- If you have booked your trip of 5 nights or more with Castaways Travel, there are typically no other signiticant expenses. Your shuttle to and from MBJ airport is included in the cost of your trip if you purchase a minimum of 5 nights. Otherwise the cost is $33 per person round trip.
- Private rides and shuttles are available as is air taxi service. Private rides will typically run about $80-$100 each way (for 2/3 people) if booked in advance (much higher if you try to find one at the airport) and air taxi from $125-200 per person each way.
- If you booked a private transfer TO the resort but plan on taking the shuttle provided for free back to the airport make sure you stop at the booth for your shuttle service before you head to the aiport and let them know you will only be using their services for the return tranfer. They will give you a voucher for your return trip – otherwsie they may cancel your tranfer back to the airport presuming you were a no-show.
- On the resort: tipping is strictly prohibited. Staff will be fired if they are caught accepting tips. Small gifts are allowed if you feel you want to do something special for housekeeping or someone who provided exceptional service. Such gifts may include things like chocolate and other candy, toiletries/lotion, costume jewelry, etc.
- Tipping IS allowed (and expected) on your shuttle – the standard is about $1 per bag.
Miscellaneous Expenses and Sundries
- There is a gift shop for necessities and a few Hedo logo items like shirts and bags as well as some Jamaican/Rasta wear as well as a selection of sexy clothing. Even personal items/sex toys!
- Other on site expenses may include the spa/massage services and a few specialty items like private romantic dinners and photo shoots.
- Locally you can walk down the beach to shop at the nearby village for souveneirs (mostly wood carvings are popular)
Also you may choose to take an excursion. Possible excursions include: Clothing optional catamaran ride, Tour and shop shuttle to Ricks Cafe, Horse back riding, etc. We have experienced many of these excursions so if interested contact us for feedback. The tour desk will take cash or credit cards for these excursions.
- Clothing optional cruisess are offered on Saturday and Tuesday mornings at 10am.
- Non-clothing optional sunset cruise is offered on Thursday afternoon at 3pm
- Cost: $69 per person – includes rum punch
- Catamaran Cruises: